05 October 2014

New Beginnings

"There should be a day between Sunday and Monday" says everyone that works on Mondays. I can't believe the weekend is over already. This week is one filled with new changes. Life is moving and I am doing my best to keep up with the pace. Yesterday, I said goodbye to my job. It was a bittersweet feeling but one that was necessary for my growth as a professional. To mark the occasion, I did what I love to do which is:- KNIT. I don't need a reason, season or time to justify knitting for someone. This is one of the problems I have to work on...I want to knit everything for everyone but there's never enough time or hands...sighs. Anyway, as my farewell gift to someone at work, I made a hat. Months ago, the request was made and I mentally filed it away. But as the time approached I decided it would be now or never. The recipient had asked for a plain black hat that would be a beanie style fit. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before but I dislike knitting with black coloured yarn. It is number one on my yarn related dislike lists. What's a knitter to do? The only thing to do was to focus on the fact that this isn't for me, it's for someone else. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't hate the process as much as I had anticipated. I wanted the hat to be warm and comfortable. My favourite pattern that is turning out to be a go-to this season is David's Hat by Kenny Chua. With pattern selected I went through my stash and settled on leftover patons classic worsted in black for the lining and filatura Lanarota in black for the rest of the hat. Both yarns have been dependable workhorse loves for me in the past. They are a dream to knit with and wears well over time.





Taking photographs of this hat was challenging for me. I couldn't get the right image. I'm overdue for a photography class brush up. I think the pic below shows the hat in a better light...



Life happens whether we are ready for it or not....goodbye old hello new! Ohhhh here's something else I will be celebrating this week:- MY BIRTHDAY! Yup...hello old once again :)
Hope your week is good one

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cee,
    Wishing you a happy happy birthday. May all that you desire to accomplish this year ahead becomes a reality for you. May God continue to bless and keep you in good health and strength.

    All the best in all the opportunities ahead as well. Its an awesome year ahead I know it. And as you continue to grow in your craft even bigger doors will open too. Hugss.

    Much love
    Utac

    ReplyDelete