20 December 2013

11:04pm

Can you believe it is five days before Christmas and eleven days before the 1st January. Time is surely flying unlike my knitting needles ..... I had every intention of being further along with my holiday gift making buttttttt that plan went out the window. I am so behind schedule I might not be caught up until next Christmas. Oh well in the meantime I am still clicking away...
Greyhaven is finally off the needles. I'm not sure how I feel about the finished product. The excitement level was high when my yarn was delivered (cascade 220'superwash), it was still there when I casted on.....it was even there the second after I snipped the yarn with my scissors.....but that excitement turned to frustration during blocking. I didn't realize that the yarn would bloom the way it did. Instead of having a nice reasonably sized toque for my head I now have a hat that in all likelihood will be gifted to someone else. It has more slouch than I wanted. Greyhaven has certainly been a reminder that this is truly the season of giving.....did someone just say bah humbug?




No comments:

Post a Comment