10 March 2014

For Me

I have always wondered if the day would come when I would have a sweater/cardigan knitted by me for me....well ladies and gentleman, I'm happy to say the day has arrived!!!!!! "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it". I have never attempted to make a sweater a before. In my mind it was a feat of enormous proportions that I was incapable of accomplishing. But the desire to wear something on my body was greater than the imagined limitations I had placed on myself. I would be lying if I said I am a converted sweater knitter. I am not. I am still deeply fond and committed to the process of making hats. Last week I finally finished lady kina.


Is it wrong to adore clothing?


It's mine...all mine and I made it!!! The excitement is still bubbling over. The last time I felt this way was the first time i crocheted a bag. It wasn't until the last stitch fell off my needles and the button was sewed on that I realized just how much I had invested in this project.


The button looks more gold than silver in person.

The only modification I made to the pattern was turning it into a cropped cardigan and not a full length as the pattern called for. 90% of what I had knitted so far was done during my slanted knit stitch (twisted knit) phase. As much as I tried knitting the remainder portion of the cardigan in an untwisted knit stitch, the difference in texture and appearance was glaringly noticeable in an annoying sort of way. I was opposed to returning to my old habits just for the sake of uniformity. My solution:- stop where I did. It worked out. The yarn bloomed beautifully after it was washed. It is the softest thing I've ever worn.

I've already found the next pattern I plan on making. Harvest is beautiful and my style preference. I don't have the colour I want in my yarn stash. Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy yarn right? Sighs, it's so hard to ignore the urge

Info for cardigan:-

Pattern: Lady Kina by Muriela
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted
Started: 6th January 2014
Finished: 5th March 2014
Ravelry link: here

Now that lady kina is finished I'm working on my first pair of sock yarn socks :). I'll tell you more about it next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment