05 March 2014

Wednesday's Treats

"What day is it"? "hump dayyyyyyy yeah There are two reasons why I am excited today:- (1) it's my day off and
(2) I got the yarn I ordered from craftsy!!!. It came yesterday but I didn't check my mailbox....thank goodness I had tracked my package by email. I love starting my days with new yarn. I know I had promised myself to not buy anymore yarn for awhile. I can't remember if while is should be the rest of the year or a few months.....I have no idea. I just couldn't help myself. The sale prices were too good to pass up. It took a great deal of control for me to remove the other ten skeins of yarn from my cart. I am happy with my choices, though I must admit I am still thinking of the other yarns. Maybe I will find another reason to treat myself next month but for now I am going to go on another self imposed ban. The yarn I plan on buying next week god willing does not count!!!!!! I know my logic doesn't sound very logical but in my defense, since last month I had plan to go to smiley's march sale. My craftsy purchase wasn't planned...it just happened. Logic makes sense now doesn't it? Seeeeee I knew you would understand.
From left to right:- cascade heritage 150 in mango. 492 yards of heavenly goodness. It's 75% superwash merino wool and 25% nylon. The middle and right yarns are cascade alpaca Lana d'oro in olive heather and ivy green. I've never worked with a wool and alpaca blend. I'm ecstatic. I wish it were possible to capture the feel of them through the pictures. Squishy and wonderful comes to mind. Now that I no longer twist my stitches I am feeling the itch to do more colour work. I have spent hours admiring the Duotone cowl on ravelry. I am going to pair the cascade heritage 150 in mango with the yarn I won in the fallintofall kal hosted by Andi over at mysistersknitter. In case you have forgotten what my prize was
I usually avoid bright colours but after the winter I've had I want to celebrate the spring....what better way than to incorporate bright bold colours in my wardrobe. How has your week been so far? Any welcomed surprises or treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment