12 January 2014

Originally written on 15th January 2013.................................................................


I am  coming across all the things I don't like about knitting a sweater.... .1) It TAKES FOREVER 2) it is taking ME forever 3) it is taking me forever ....you get the point....I'm a slow knitter. I have my moments and projects where the knitting gods are blowing good wind on me and I can finish in a day or two.....not the case with lady kina.....nope nope nope....i spent the last two days knitting it ...falling in love with the yarn, admiring my work feeling proud of myself every inch it grows. I'm looking at it and my eyes are saying it's right where the pattern says it should be (length wise) ...... Don't you have those moments where you swear your abilities extends to gauging measurements with just a glance?What don't even say no.....think back to the last time you were cooking something and felt you didn't need to measure the ingredients ....a dash here, a dab there...uh huh that's what I thought. I'm not the only one whose mind is playing tricks.....back to the sweater.....every time I knit an inch it disappears once the tape measure touches it. My eyes think I'm making more progress than I actually have so far. What's a girl to do instead? Take a walk into the realm of rationalization and come up with all the reasons why it is perfectly ok for me to buy yarn. Ugh don't judgeeeee...yes I went to the yarn store today and yes I bought yarn and yes I said that I wasn't going to be buying any yarn unless it was necessary but isn't a yarn sale the definition of necessary purchase? Plus I was having a bad day...the yarn was therapeutic ...Will take pictures later. In the meantime here's a pic of a fo that was completed New Year's Day.  See Ravelry page for details.

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment